Qualifying begins: 20 June
The Draw: 24 June
Pre-event Press Conferences: 25 & 26 June
Order of Play: 26 June
Championships begin: 27 June
COME BACK FOR LIVE SCORES & LIVE BLOG FROM 20 JUNE
Information about the WTA Heat Rule used at The Championships.
- The Heat Rule was introduced in 1992 and is in use at all WTA events throughout the year.
- The Championships, on the recommendation of the WTA, also adopts the rule.
- It has been implemented at The Championships twice before – on 23 July 2006 and 30 June 2009.
- The Heat Rule allows a 10 minute break to be taken between the second and third set when the heat stress index is at or above 30.1 degrees Celsius.
- The heat stress index is a measure which factors together the air temperature, the humidity and the surface temperature and is measured by a heat stress monitor.
- The heat stress monitor readings are taken 30 minutes prior to the start of play and then at 14.00hrs and 17.00hrs.
- Only one of the players participating in the match needs to request the break for the rule to be implemented.
- It only applies to ladies’ and girls’ singles matches that have not yet been called to court.