Qualifying begins: 26 June
The Draw: 30 June
Pre-event Press Conferences: 1 & 2 July
Order of Play: 2 July
Championships begin: 3 July
COME BACK FOR LIVE SCORES & LIVE BLOG FROM 26 JUNE
The safety and security of all visitors to The Championships is of paramount importance, and there will be enhanced security measures in place in and around this year’s Championships.
The AELTC works closely with the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) and other relevant organisations to ensure that security measures at The Championships are commensurate with the existing threat level in the UK.
While seeking to reassure the public that the safety and security of all visitors to The Championships is of paramount importance, both the AELTC and the MPS are keen to remind all visitors, as well as staff, that they have a role to play in delivering a safe and secure Championships and ask everyone to remain vigilant. Anything looking out of place or appearing suspicious should be reported immediately to Security, Stewards or the Police.
Working from a strong base of existing measures in place from previous years, covering extensive searches of people, bags and vehicles on entry to the Grounds, the placement of vehicle mitigation, wide CCTV coverage, armed and uniformed Police officers and sniffer dogs, this year’s Championships will see a proportional uplift in measures in place on the advice of, and working in partnership with, the Metropolitan Police Service.
There will also be visible physical security around the Queue, in the form of vehicle mitigation barriers, as part of these enhanced measures for The Championships 2017.
In conjunction with the above, the AELTC asks visitors to this year’s Championships to bear in mind the following to help us:
- Allow plenty of time for entry into the Grounds due to security checks
- Check the latest information regarding prohibited items and make sure you are not in possession of them
- Where possible, please try to bring a single-compartment bag that meets the size specifications – this greatly assists in search and speed of entry. Wheeled bags are strongly discouraged. One bag per person.
- Always check wimbledon.com for the latest updates before travelling
Please note all the restrictions on bag sizes (opposite) and prohibited items (below) which will be enforced. The speed of entry to the Grounds is decreased dramatically when multi-pocketed bags/backpacks are presented. Any prohibited items inadvertently brought to The Championships can be deposited at left luggage facilities outside the Grounds.
The following items are prohibited from the Grounds:
- Any bag exceeding 16" x 12" x 12" (40cm x 30cm x 30cm);
- Hard-sided items of any size;
- Any item which may be interpreted as a potential weapon including sharp or pointed objects (e.g. knives, large corkscrews) and ‘personal protection’ sprays;
- Large flags (over 2’ x 2’), banners, rattles, klaxons or oversized hats;
- Any objects or clothing bearing political statements or commercial identification intended for ‘ambush marketing’.
- Selfie sticks
Visitors in possession of prohibited items may be refused entry or ejected from the Grounds.
Prohibited items may be left in the Left Luggage facilities outside the Grounds or handed to AELTC security staff for disposal. See below for more information on Left Luggage facilities.
Any items discovered after entry through the gates will be confiscated and cannot be collected on exit.
Left luggage facilities outside the Grounds are marked on the map of the Queue.
There are no left luggage facilities inside the Grounds.
A charge of £1 will be made for deposited items, apart from overnight equipment, which will cost £5. Proceeds are donated towards improving facilities in Wimbledon Park.
- We recommend that babes in arms and pushchairs are not brought to The Championships as the Grounds are large and crowded.
- A ticket is not required for those under five.
- Babes in arms and children under five are NOT allowed into the Show Courts (Centre, No.1, No.2 & No.3 Courts and Courts 12 & 18).
- A limited number of baby changing facilities are available but there are no facilities for mothers to ‘express’ milk.
- A ticket (full price) is required.
- Children under the age of 16 must attend with an adult and be supervised appropriately.
- Children over 5 and under 12 are allowed into all courts PROVIDED THEY ARE ACCOMPANIED by an adult AT ALL TIMES, they have their own seat and DO NOT DISTURB OTHER SPECTATORS.
Entry to the Grounds of the All England Lawn Tennis Club requires a valid ticket, authorised voucher or pass issued by or on behalf of The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (“AELTC”).
This must be retained at all times and implies acceptance of the following conditions which have been established for the safety and enjoyment of all our visitors and may be amended from time to time: