Qualifying begins: 26 June
The Draw: 30 June
Pre-event Press Conferences: 1 & 2 July
Order of Play: 2 July
Championships begin: 3 July
COME BACK FOR LIVE SCORES & LIVE BLOG FROM 26 JUNE
The safety and security of all visitors to The Championships is of paramount importance, and there will be enhanced security measures in place in for this year’s Championships.
The AELTC works closely with the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) and other relevant organisations to ensure that security measures at The Championships are commensurate with the existing threat level in the UK.
While seeking to reassure the public that the safety and security of all visitors to The Championships is of paramount importance, both the AELTC and the MPS are keen to remind all visitors, as well as staff, that they have a role to play in delivering a safe and secure Championships and ask everyone to remain vigilant. Anything looking out of place or appearing suspicious should be reported immediately to Security, Stewards or the Police.
Working from a strong base of existing measures in place from previous years, covering extensive searches of people, bags and vehicles on entry to the Grounds, the placement of vehicle mitigation, wide CCTV coverage, armed and uniformed Police officers and sniffer dogs, this year’s Championships will again see a proportional uplift in measures in place on the advice of, and working in partnership with, the Metropolitan Police Service.
There will also be visible physical security around the Queue, in the form of vehicle mitigation barriers, as part of these enhanced measures for The Championships 2018.
In conjunction with the above, the AELTC asks visitors to this year’s Championships to bear in mind the following to help us:
- Allow plenty of time for entry into the Grounds due to security checks/search procedures
- Check the latest information regarding prohibited items and make sure you are not in possession of them
- Where possible, please try to bring a single-compartment bag that meets the size specifications – this greatly assists in search and speed of entry. Wheeled bags are strongly discouraged. One bag per person.
- Always check wimbledon.com for the latest updates before travelling
Please note all the restrictions on bag sizes (opposite) and prohibited items (below) which will be enforced. The speed of entry to the Grounds is decreased dramatically when multi-pocketed bags/backpacks are presented. Any prohibited items inadvertently brought to The Championships can be deposited at left luggage facilities outside the Grounds.
The following items are prohibited from the Grounds (“Prohibited Items”):
- Any bag exceeding 40cm x 30cm x 30cm (16” x 12” x 12”);
- Hard-sided containers/bags – such as picnic hampers/cool boxes and opaque liquid bottles;
- Vacuum flasks, travel mugs, camping chairs or other items of dual skin or tubular construction;
- Any item which may be interpreted as a potential weapon and/or compromise public safety, including sharp or pointed objects (e.g. knives, large corkscrews), ‘personal protection’ sprays and fireworks/flares;
- Large flags (over 60cm x 60cm (2’ x 2’)), banners, rattles, klaxons or oversized hats;
- Any objects or clothing bearing political statements or commercial identification intended for ‘ambush marketing’, including items or objects given away as part of a promotional or marketing campaign by the third parties near to the Grounds;
- Spray paints or other items which could in the opinion of the AELTC be used to sabotage or damage property;
- ‘Selfie sticks’ or equivalents.
Visitors in possession of Prohibited Items may be refused entry or ejected from the Grounds.
Any Prohibited Items which are surrendered as a condition of entry to the Grounds shall be deemed to be surrendered irrevocably and voluntarily. Any such items will be unable to be reclaimed and shall be disposed of by the AELTC without any liability.
Left luggage facilities outside the Grounds are marked on the map of the Queue.
There are no left luggage facilities inside the Grounds.
A charge of £1 will be made for deposited items, apart from overnight equipment, which will cost £5. Proceeds are donated towards improving facilities in Wimbledon Park.
- A ticket (full price) is required.
- Children under the age of 16 must attend with an adult and be supervised appropriately.
- Children over 5 and under 12 are allowed into all courts PROVIDED THEY ARE ACCOMPANIED by an adult AT ALL TIMES, they have their own seat and DO NOT DISTURB OTHER SPECTATORS.
Entry to the Grounds of the All England Lawn Tennis Club requires a valid ticket, authorised voucher or pass issued by or on behalf of The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (“AELTC”).
This must be retained at all times and implies acceptance of the following conditions which have been established for the safety and enjoyment of all our visitors and may be amended from time to time: