Explore the game's evolution from a garden party pastime to a multimillion dollar professional sport played world-wide: with exciting interactives and films, easy-to-use touch screens, and audio guides in 10 languages, people of all ages can experience the artistry and athleticism that is modern tennis.
Highlights of the Museum include:
- The glittering Championship Trophies.
- A 'ghost' of John McEnroe which appears in the very changing room he once used! Watch as he speaks about the game and his legendary opponents. See a 360° panoramic preview of the McEnroe Exhibit.
- Film and video footage, which take visitors right into the action of some of the most memorable and exciting tournament matches.
- An extensive, unsurpassed collection of tennis memorabilia dating back to 1555.
- Museum Gallery with fascinating displays drawn from our vast collection.
- CentreCourt360 the new viewing experience of Centre Court, located right by the grass, with touch screen interpretation and two fun interactive galleries.
- Take a 360° panoramic preview of the Museum, the Museum Entrance, The Tunnel and the Interactive Consoles.
- From October...the brand new 3D art film 'Viewpoint',a unique cinematic experience which captures the sights, sounds and people of Wimbledon through its split narrative. The film opens on Centre Court during the final game of the 2012 tournament, focusing on the players in action. The audience is then seamlessly led from this central scene to the world of some of the rich characters that make The Championships the magnificent occasion that it is.
Treasures from the first Championship in 1877 to the most recent are on display, including equipment, clothing, and mementos belonging to the greatest players to set foot on Centre Court.
See the generous donations from the great players of today, as well as the outfits of the most successful champions of the Wimbledon Singles tournament, including Pete Sampras and Martina Navratilova. Spot the outfits from Roger Federer and Andy Murray, as well as from the 'Woodies', one of the greatest doubles tennis partnerships of all time.
Virtual Tours by 360vision.co.uk