- Nadal's upset and more: the best of Day One
Wimbledon.com picks out the things that caught our eye on the first day of The Championships 2013
- Stephens triumphs over Hampton in all-American clash
Sloane Stephens took just over an hour to race past fellow American prospect Jamie Hampton 6-3, 6-3 late on Monday afternoon and then made a dash to her favourite Indian restaurant
- Yen-Hsun Lu denies gutsy James Ward a day in the sun
James Ward misses out on a day in the spotlight and a first meeting with Andy Murray after defeat by Yen-Hsun Lu
- Petra Kvitova at full stretch to beat Coco Vandeweghe
The 2011 Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova had to endure a rollercoaster ride on Court 2 before battling through against Coco Vandeweghe in three sets
- Veteran Lleyton Hewitt stuns Stan Wawrinka
The 2002 Wimbledon champion Lleyton Hewitt rolled back the years to blitz the No.11 seed Stanislas Wawrinka 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 in the first round
- British hopes rest on Robson, Watson and Moore
Hopes for British women faded on the first day of The Championships, leaving just three to fly the flag on day two.
- Andy Murray resumes normal service on Centre Court
Andy Murray’s return to SW19, his first appearance since winning gold and silver at the London Olympics, was the talk of the town. Actually, it seemed to be the talk of every town in the country
- Share your shotoftheday and win Centre Court tickets
Welcome to #shotoftheday, our daily photo contest to win tickets to the Men’s Final. Our contest is about celebrating Wimbledon - and you don’t have to be at Wimbledon to take part!
- Caroline Wozniacki makes short work of Cabeza Candela
Caroline Wozniacki could hardly begin her Wimbledon Fortnight with a more dominating start, easing to victory over Spain's Estrella Cabeza Candela.
- The Second Day: 2013 daily preview
Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams begin their campaigns today and both have been blessed with good draws, but the Serbian made the point recently that no one gets an easy ride in a Grand Slam
- Who is Nadal's nemesis Steve Darcis?
So apart from being the first player to defeat Rafael Nadal in the opening round of a Grand Slam tournament, just who is Steve Darcis?
- Andy Murray makes confident start
No.2 seed Andy Murray looked in confident mood as he beat Germany's Benjamin Becker 6-4, 6-3, 6-2 in the first round.
- Maria Sharapova lets her racket do the talking
In the past few days it has been Maria Sharapova’s actions off court that have kept her in the headlines. But on day one of The Championships it was time to get down to business.
- Huge shock as Rafael Nadal suffers first-round loss
Eight-time French Open champion Rafael Nadal is sensationally knocked out in the first round at Wimbledon by Belgian Steve Darcis.
- Big-serving Jo-Wilfried Tsonga quick to find his range
With a three-inch height advantage and at 23kg heavier, No.6 seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga’s match against Belgian David Goffin was bound to hinge on the Frenchman’s big serve finding its mark
- Youthful Kyle Edmund out early to Janowicz
Despite serving an ace for his very first shot, the youngest player at The Championships couldn't overcome Poland's Jerzy Janowicz.
- Marin Cilic gets down to business
Marin Cilic makes it a seven-match losing streak for Marcos Baghdatis, beating the Cypriot 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 watched by 2001 champion and fellow countryman Goran Ivanisevic.
- Giant killer Lukas Rosol felled in five sets
If the bloke who kills a giant is called a giant killer, what do you call the bloke who kills the bloke who killed the giant?
- Victoria Azarenka feels the pain in victory
Victoria Azarenka’s quest for her maiden Wimbledon singles crown began in dramatic fashion on No.1 Court when she had a nasty fall but recovered to beat Maria Joao Koehler 6-1, 6-2
- Roger Federer thrashes Victor Hanescu in 69 minutes
Roger Federer was at his imperious best as he began the defence of his Wimbledon title with a 6-3, 6-2, 6-0 first-round victory over Romania's Victor Hanescu.
- Britain's Elena Baltacha falls at the first
Britain’s Elena Baltacha, in her 12th appearance at Wimbledon, survived for only 74 minutes on No.3 Court against Italy’s Flavia Pennetta who cruised to victory 6-4, 6-1.
- Ana Ivanovic turns it around
Despite a worrying start, Ivanovic takes advantage of a first set tie-break before easing to a win against Virginie Razzano.
- Fifth seed Sara Errani stunned by Puerto Rican debutant
The first shock of The Championships 2013 came with the exit of the fifth ladies’ seed, Sara Errani. The 26-year-old Italian crashed out 6-3, 6-2 to Monica Puig, a teenager from Puerto Rico
- What the papers say
Murray's ambition, Robson's TV watching and a list of all-time greats. On the first day of The Championships 2013, Clive White provides a round-up of the latest stories.
- THE QUEUE: Latest status
People currently in the Wimbledon Queue for on the day sales will have to wait many hours. Wimbledon strongly advises those intending to queue, not to travel to Wimbledon.
- The First Day: 2013 Daily Preview
Normal service will be resumed on Centre Court today when Roger Federer opens The Championships, something he hasn’t done for three years.
- Great prizes from the Official Wimbledon Online Shop!
The Official Wimbledon Online Shop offers you the chance to win exclusive Championships goodies.
- Wimbledon top 10: Make the most of your visit
In the first of our daily top 10s, Wimbledon.com offers some advice for getting the most out of your visit.