- British wild cards Rae and Smith put up brave doubles fight
British wild cards Jocelyn Rae and Anna Smith produced a plucky display in the ladies' doubles but were eventually beaten by the vast experience of Flavia Pennetta and Sam Stosur.
- The Fifth Day: Wimbledon 2014 Daily Preview
For Andy Murray, Centre Court has become something of a home from home.
- Angelique Kerber holds nerve to see off Heather Watson
Angelique Kerber, the No.9 seed, ends Heather Watson's Wimbledon campaign to win in three sets on Centre Court.
- Imperious Federer cruises into third round
Roger Federer, the seven-time Wimbledon champion, sounds an ominous grass-court warning again as he beats Gilles Muller 6-3, 7-5, 6-3, a match that eventually finishes under the Centre Court roof.
- Stan Wawrinka made to work hard by spirited Yen-Hsun Lu
Stan Wawrinka, the No.5 seed, looks a lot happier on grass as he beats Taipei’s Yen-Hsun Lu 7-6(6), 6-3, 3-6, 7-5.
- Sharapova serves up another straight-sets win
Maria Sharapova's 6-2, 6-1 win over Swiss qualifier Timea Bacsinszky is her 40th match win at Wimbledon. It took exactly one hour to complete, with the Russian helped by 16 winners.
- Marathon man Isner keeps it shortish and sweet
Marathon man John Isner produced an efficient performance to beat Finnish left-hander Jarkko Nieminen 7-6(17), 7-6(3), 7-5 on Thursday evening.
- Rafa’s Revenge, Serena’s Twirl: The best of Day 4
Rafa Nadal proves lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, Serena sashays on while John Isner threatens to break yet another Wimbledon record on a thrilling Thursday.
- Ross Hutchins revels in his return despite doubles defeat
It’s been 10 months since Ross Hutchins was given the all clear from cancer and on Thursday the Briton took to the SW19 lawns with partner Colin Fleming but they were beaten in the first round of the men's doubles.
- Experience no match for youth as Madison Keys eases through
Madison Keys has continued her stellar grass-court form with a gritty victory over veteran Klara Koukalova on Thursday at Wimbledon.
- Eugenie Bouchard sets up third-round clash with Petkovic
Rising star Eugenie Bouchard assures her place in the third round against Germany's Andrea Petkovic, a rival she's yet to beat.
- Hewitt trails Janowicz as rain stops play
Last year’s semi-finalist Jerzy Janowicz has his second-round match with 2002 champion Lleyton Hewitt suspended overnight with the Pole having taken the first set and the second at 4-4.
- Kyrgios saves nine match points in comeback win over Gasquet
Nick Kyrgios - the youngest man in the men’s draw - completes a superb coming of age as he saves nine match points to defeat No.13 seed Richard Gasquet.
- The grass is green for Sabine Lisicki
On the surface she loves, Sabine Lisicki eases past Karolina Pliskova, one of the best servers in the ladies' game.
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga gives France a much-needed boost
Having given in to bad light at 9-9 in the final set on Wednesday, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga finally finds a way past American Sam Querrey on Thursday to post a 4-6, 7-6(2), 6-7(4), 6-3, 14-12 victory.
- Rafael Nadal survives big scare to see off Lukas Rosol
Rafael Nadal recovers from losing the first set to beat Lukas Rosol, his nemesis in 2012, 4-6, 7-6(6), 6-4, 6-4.
- Serena Williams makes short work of Chanelle Scheepers
Serena Williams blitzed her way into the third round with a display that combined discipline and bravura in equal measure. She saw off the South African journeywoman Chanelle Scheepers 6-1, 6-1 in 49 minutes.
- Ana Ivanovic finally gets revenge over Jie Zheng
Ana Ivanovic exacts revenge over Jie Zheng, who beat her at Wimbledon six years ago, with 6-4, 6-0 triumph in the second round.
- Gael Monfils suffers more surface tension
Gael Monfils continues to struggle to translate his game for grass. The No.24 seed launches a late comeback against 20-year-old Wimbledon debutant Jiri Vesely, but eventually loses 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-7(1), 6-7(3), 6-4.
- Kei Nishikori enhances reputation in quick win against Kudla
No.10 seed Kei Nishikori shows his full range of talents on grass in a 6-3, 6-2, 6-1 dismantling of Denis Kudla.
- Milos Raonic overpowers struggling Jack Sock
Milos Raonic, the No.8 seed, was too strong for Jack Sock, who received medical attention during the Canadian's 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 victory.
- What the papers say
Andy Murray's dissection of Blaz Rola in 84 minutes prompted the first sightings of "the Mauresmo effect". More journalists were preoccupied with the defending champion's dog-rescuing heroics, though.
- Five to Follow on Day 4: Nadal Seeks Revenge, Watson an Upset
Rafael Nadal and Lukas Rosol will perform a reprise of their 2012 encounter, but will it have the same result? A look at five can’t-miss matches at Wimbledon on day Four, when the second round wraps up.
- Fantasy Wimbledon: Today's top tips
There are some great value players to be had for your team, and don't forget, it's still not too late to get started. .
- Summer beach towels at the Wimbledon Online Shop
Relax in style by the beach or the pool by purchasing a 2014 Championships beach towel, and get it personalised for free!
- Milos Raonic second round
Milos Raonic speaks to the media following his 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 victory over Jack Sock
- Ana Ivanovic second round
Ana Ivanovic speaks to the press following her 6-4, 6-0 victory over Jie Zheng
- Sam Querrey second round
Sam Querrey speaks to the media following his 4-6, 7-6, 6-7, 6-3, 14-12 loss to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
- Rafael Nadal second round
Rafael Nadal speaks to the media following his 4-6, 7-6(6), 6-4, 6-4 victory against Lukas Rosol.
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga second round
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga speaks to the media following his 4-6, 7-6, 6-7, 6-3, 14-12 victory over Sam Querrey
- Sabine Lisicki second round
Sabine Lisicki speaks to the media following her 6-3, 7-5 victory over Karolina Pliskova
- Nick Kyrgios second round
Nick Kyrgios speaks to the media following his 3-6, 6-7, 6-4, 7-5, 10-8 victory over Richard Gasquet
- Lukas Rosol second round
Lukas Rosol speaks to the media following his 4-6, 7-6, 6-4, 6-4 defeat by Rafael Nadal.
- Serena Williams second round
Serena Williams speaks to the media following her 6-1, 6-1 victory over Chanelle Scheepers.
- Eugenie Bouchard second round
Eugenie Bouchard speaks to the media following her 7-5, 6-1 victory against Silvia Soler-Espinosa.
- Roger Federer second round
Roger Federer speaks to the media after his 6-3, 7-5, 6-3 victory against Gilles Muller.
- Maria Sharapova second round
Maria Sharapova speaks to the media after her 6-2, 6-1 victory against Timea Bacsinszky.
- Stan Wawrinka second round
Stan Wawrinka speaks to the media following his 7-6, 6-3, 3-6, 7-5 victory against Yen-Hsun Lu.