- Clarification statement concerning Wimbledon Park Golf Club
The All England Lawn Tennis Club would like to make it clear that the story in the Mail on Sunday (23.6.14).
- Free personalisation on 2014 Championships towels
Take home a piece of The Championships history with the range of 2014 towels, and get them personalised for free!
- The Second Day: Wimbledon 2014 Daily Preview
For Sabine Lisicki, Wimbledon’s Centre Court holds a mixture of memories. She will remember fondly her enthralling defeat of defending champion Serena Williams in the fourth round 12 months ago.
- British wild cards find it tough going
Four out of the five British wild cards were knocked out on Day 1 of the Gentlemen’s Singles. James Ward (ranked 154), Daniel Cox (214), Kyle Edmund (320) and Dan Evans (143). Daniel Smethurst plays today.
- Murray's win, Fognini's comeback: The Best of Day 1
Andy Murray's Wimbledon partnership with Amelie Mauresmo is off to a flier, Italian entertainer Fabio Fognini wins a thriller but American Sloane Stephens, the No.18 seed, is knocked out by Maria Kirilenko
- Li Na overcomes doubts to see off qualifier Paula Kania
No.2 seed Li Na overcomes an unexpectedly stern test from the Polish qualifier Paula Kania to win 7-5, 6-2 on Centre Court.
- Grigor Dimitrov carries on where he left off at Queen's
Grigor Dimitrov confirms why he is a dark-horse pick for many at this year’s Championships as the Bulgarian beats Ryan Harrison 7-6(1), 6-3, 6-2, in just one hour and 41 minutes.
- Novak Djokovic hits ground running with masterclass
Novak Djokovic, the world No.2 and Wimbledon champion in 2011, produces a grass court masterclass as he thrashes Andrey Golubev 6-0, 6-1, 6-4 on Centre Court.
- Straight-sets victory so sweet for Victoria Azarenka
No.8 seed Victoria Azarenka makes up for last year's frustrations with a 6-3, 7-5 victory over Mirjana Lucic-Baroni.
- 2010 finalist Tomas Berdych takes time to find top gear
Tomas Berdych, the No.6 seed from the Czech Republic, fails to convert 20 break points but still manages to beat Romania’s Victor Hanescu 6-7(5), 6-1, 6-4, 6-3 on No. 2 Court.
- Naomi Broady scores career-boosting win
A year ago Naomi Broady was considering giving up tennis to become an au pair. Her win over Hungary's Timea Babos has given her career a much-needed boost.
- Venus Williams still hungry for more titles
Venus Williams gets her 2014 campaign off to a solid start with a three-set victory over Spain's Maria-Teresa Torro-Flo.
- Marcos Baghdatis too strong for Halle hero Dustin Brown
Marcos Baghdatis and Dustin Brown serve up a charisma-packed first round match on Court 12, and the Cypriot emerges the winner 6-4, 7-5, 2-6, 7-6(4).
- Maria Kirilenko springs surprise to beat Sloane Stephens
American Sloane Stephens, the No.18 seed, is a big name casualty on the first day of The Championships as she is beaten 6-2, 7-6(6) by Russia's Maria Kirilenko, ranked No.109 in the world.
- France's Jeremy Chardy overcomes spirited Daniel Cox
Britain's Daniel Cox responds to strong support from the crowd before eventual defeat to the world No.42 Jeremy Chardy.
- New kids take first steps on big stage
Paula Kania was one of several players making their debut in the main draw of The Championships and, although the Pole lost to the No.2 seed Li Na on Centre Court, she gave a good account of herself.
- Sergiy Stakhovsky still feeling the Federer effect
Two players, Fernando Verdasco and Sergiy Stakhovsky, who both made a huge impact last year, are among the early starters on day one but only Roger Federer's conqueror from 2013 comes through.
- Petra Kvitova bounces out fellow Czech Andrea Hlavackova
Petra Kvitova ups her game in pursuit of a second Wimbledon title with a 6-3, 6-0 win over countrywoman Andrea Hlavackova.
- Rain robs Tsonga and Melzer of result in rollercoaster match
Jurgen Melzer lives to fight another day. Just. And in so, so many different ways.
- David Ferrer survives wobble on way to four-set victory
A howler in the second set can't stop David Ferrer from overpowering fellow Spaniard Pablo Carreno Busta 6-0, 6-7(1), 6-1, 6-1.
- Happy returns as Murray begins defence with straight-sets win
Andy Murray begins the defence of his Wimbledon title in style as he beats Belgium's David Goffin 6-1, 6-4. 7-5 on Centre Court.
- Ernests Gulbis gets his teeth into vampire issue
Ernests Gulbis is never short of an opinion, even when he mis-hears a question.
- James Ward out as experience trumps youth
One of the most experienced players at SW19, No.17 seed Mikhail Youzhny was too strong for Britain's James Ward in a straight sets win.
- What the papers say
What is the best way to commemorate Andy Murray's momentous win in 2013?
- Fantasy tips: Serving up a winning combination
Need help with your Fantasy Wimbledon selections? Here's the lowdown on how to make the most of the serve when you compose your ideal player.
- Stosur stumbles to another early exit
Australian Sam Stosur, the No.17 seed, suffered a straight sets loss at the hands of 69th-ranked Belgian Yanina Wickmayer.
- Five to follow: Day 1
The Championships gets under way on Monday with 64 first-round singles matches, spread across 17 courts. We preview five you should keep your eyes trained on among the slew of opening-day results
- Why you should download the Wimbledon App
Introducing the new Wimbledon app, for iPhone, Android and iPad...
- IBM Slamtracker: a guide for the uninitiated
It’s not just for the die-hards... but it might just turn you into one. With its information and insight, IBM Slamtracker on Wimbledon.com is the ideal companion for any tennis fan.
- Novak Djokovic first round
Novak Djokovic's press conference after his 6-0, 6-1, 6-4 victory against Andrey Golubev.
- Andy Murray first round
Andy Murray speaks to the media following his 6-1, 6-4, 7-5 victory over Belgium's David Goffin
- Li Na first round
Li Na's media conference following her victory over Poland's Paula Kania, 7-5, 7-2.
- Grigor Dimitrov first round
Grigor Dimitrov speaks to the media following his 7-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory over Ryan Harrison.
- Dan Evans first round
Dan Evans speaks to the media following his defeat to Andrey Kuznetsov 6-1, 7-5, 3-6, 7-6(5)
- Venus Williams first round
Venus Williams speaks to the press following her 6-4, 4-6, 6-2 victory over Spain’s Maria-Teresa Torro-Flo.