It being the end of another year, Wimbledon.com brings you 12 quotes to remember from Wimbledon 2013. But do you know who said what?
1. “Steve played a fantastic match. Everything I could say about the knee would be an excuse, and I don’t like to do that when I lost a match like this. Steve deserves not one excuse.”
2. “I think my goal in life is to be a member of the All England Club.”
3. “I’ve got goosebumps, I know Boris does, because that was just old school.”
4. “Welcome to the crazy women’s tennis tour.” following a 6-2, 1-6, 6-0 win over Simona Halep.
5. “He’s made me learn more from the losses than I did before.”
6. “There will always be something else to do.”
7. “That’s your work, not mine. I don’t know. Two-all?” Who didn't know his head-to-head with Mr. Murray?
8. “It’s definitely not a shock. I just need to do better.” Who backhandedly complimented Sabine Lisicki?
9. “It’s the best feeling ever to see your son win Wimbledon.”
10. “Have you ever met anyone who’s had their arm broken by a swan?” Strangest commentary quote from...
11.“I want to give her a hug.”
12. “Truly outstanding.” Who was Sir Chris Hoy talking about?
1. Rafael Nadal stays classy after defeat to Steve Darcis.
2. Sloane Stephens sets her stall.
3. John McEnroe's reaction to Sergiy Stakhovsky's win over Roger Federer.
4. Li Na
5. Andy Murray on Ivan Lendl.
6. The Bryan Brothers
7. Tommy Robredo
8. Serena Williams
9. Judy Murray
10. Tim Henman
11. Marion Bartoli to Sabine Lisicki.
12. Andy Murray
What were your tennis quotes of 2013? Let us know in the comments below...
20:08It brings me no pleasure but it's time to bring the curtain down for another year. Seemed somehow appropriate to leave the last word to Roger Federer. Thanks a billion for reading. What a fortnight, what a final, fast forward to 2015 please...
20:03"I already have seven. It's not like I need another one. But it would have been awfully nice to have it. I think that's what the feeling was of the people, and I felt that... I know they love tennis. They love tennis after we're all gone."View all