Qualifying begins: 26 June

The Draw: 30 June

Pre-event Press Conferences: 1 & 2 July

Order of Play: 2 July

Championships begin: 3 July

COME BACK FOR LIVE SCORES & LIVE BLOG FROM 26 JUNE

Menu
Wimbledon.com uses cookies.
We use simple text files called cookies, saved on your computer, to help us deliver the best experience for you. Click continue to acknowledge that you are happy to receive cookies from Wimbledon.com.
CONTINUE > Find out more
News
Monday, 3 July 2017 11:20 AM BST
Wimbledon around the world: Day 1
Murray's sore hip, the return of Kvitova and Federer the favourite dominate headlines READ MORE

Andy Murray’s sore hip, the return of two-time champion Petra Kvitova and Roger Federer as the title favourite at the ripe old age of 35 dominate the British and international newspapers as Wimbledon gets ready for its latest start in 121 years.

Andre Agassi tells British newspaper The Guardian no money will change hands between him and his new charge, former world No.1 Novak Djokovic. “This isn’t a business transaction and nor will it be,” the former Wimbledon champion said. “I don’t really need anything, so we need to come to the table on equal terms so that there’s a healthy respect and a healthy trust.”

With defending champion Serena Williams due to give birth this summer to her first child, the Daily Mail presented the Pliskova twins as the new sister act to follow at Wimbledon. Born two minutes apart, they are both junior grand slam champions.

“Nobody in our family played tennis but our parents just wanted us to do stuff,’ said the No.3 seed Karolina, the champion at Eastbourne. “We started going to tennis classes aged four and it went from there. Kristyna was first in the Czech Republic as a junior, I was second. I became a bit better on the main women’s tours,” added Karolina, who is ranked 41 spots higher than her identical twin sister.

US magazine Time decidates an article to search engine Google rolling out a new doodle, complete with green background and two tennis rackets playing a quick rally, to celebrate the 140th anniversary of Wimbledon. The bird on the top right corner is Rufus the Hawk, "who dutifully shoos away any pigeons who land on the court during a match" Time quoted Google as saying.

Kvitova tells the BBC she still has flashbacks of being attacked by an intruder in her own home in December. Speaking in her first in-depth interview since she severely injured her left playing hand as she tried to fend off her attacker, the Czech said she still cannot fully close her hand and joked she is glad she isn’t a badminton player because she wouldn’t be able to fully grip the racket.

Victoria Azarenka, on the comeback trail after giving birth to a baby boy in December, is the focus of an article by fashion magazine Vogue. The former top-ranked Belarusian reveals she has completely reconstructed her serve during her absence: “One thing in particular that I worked on is the motion on my serve,” she told Vogue. “That took a lot of time and patience and execution. I pretty much rebuilt my whole serve.”

Follow the latest news and scores from Wimbledon 2017 on Wimbledon.com or Apple TV, or download the official IOS or Android apps for smartphone and tablet.

Purchase Towels