Qualifying begins: 26 June
The Draw: 30 June
Pre-event Press Conferences: 1 & 2 July
Order of Play: 2 July
Championships begin: 3 July
COME BACK FOR LIVE SCORES & LIVE BLOG FROM 26 JUNE
750g bucatini pasta
2 litres water
5 Burford brown eggs
½ tbsp white wine vinegar
100g diced pancetta (smoked)
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
100 ml double cream
100g pecorino romano
25g flat parsley (washed, picked and chopped)
2 chervil (sprigs)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
Cooking time: 30 minutes Serves: 5
1. Bring one litre of water to boil in large pan, add some salt and boil the bucatini until al dente. Once cooked, drain.
2. For the poached egg, bring one litre of water to the boil in a pan, add the white wine vinegar, break the egg open and carefully pour into a small cup, with a whisk make a whirlpool in the water, once the water slows down, carefully add the egg into the middle of the whirl pool, poach for 4-5 minutes. Once cooked, remove the egg from the water with a slotted spoon and put the egg into a pan of cold water to stop the cooking. This can be done in advance.
3. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add the diced pancetta and fry, add the finely chopped garlic and shallots, fry for a minute.
4. Add the double cream and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Add the cooked bucatini to the sauce, season, stir and taste.
6. Plating the bucatini up, boil the kettle and pour the boiled water into a deep bowl, remove the eggs from the cold water with a slotted spoon and put the poached eggs into the hot water for a minute. Spoon the pasta into a bowl, remove the egg from the hot water and rest on top of the pasta, sprinkle the chopped parsley around, add some sprigs of chervil and shave the Pecorino all over.