London, UK: The EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam® Tennis 2 demo is available beginning today through PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE®. Start out playing as the world’s No.1 ranked player*, Novak Djokovic on the Practice Court to develop your shots using Total Racquet Control, and progress to Play Now to experience the rivalry of Djokovic and Rafael Nadal on Wimbledon’s Centre Court. The full game l be available in stores in North America on 14th February 2012 and elsewhere worldwide** by 10th February 2012.
EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will include a host of gameplay features including:
- All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power.
- Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam® tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession – including Wimbledon (exclusive to the EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise).
- PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racket right in the palm of your hands.
- Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, and Serena and Venus Williams.
- Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviours of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass.
- ESPN Grand Slam® Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe, to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam® tournaments.
To download assets for EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2, please visit the EA press site at http://info.ea.com
EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 is in development at EA Canada in Vancouver and is rated E by the ESRB and PEGI 3; visit www.esrb.org and www.pegi.info for more information. For more information on EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2, please visit www.easports.com/grandslamtennis2 or become a fan of EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam® Tennis on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/EASPORTSGrandSlamTennis
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game communities, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
* ATP World Tour Rankings
**Product will ship in Japan later in 2012