London, UK: The arrangements for Middle Sunday at The Championships 2016 are as follows:
- 22,000 tickets for sale from 3.00pm online only via Ticketmaster on a first come, first-served basis. From past experience, we anticipate that these tickets will sell out very quickly.
- Maximum of two tickets per household.
- No on-day ticket sales, so do not travel if you do not have a ticket. There is no Queue to purchase tickets at Wimbledon.
- Centre Court: 10,000 unreserved tickets on sale £70.00 each.
- No.1 Court: 8,000 unreserved tickets on sale at £40.00 each.
- Grounds Passes: 4,000 tickets allowing access to Courts 2-19 on sale at £20.00 each.
- Spectators advised to arrive early, expect delays for security. Avoid bringing bags where possible.
- Gates 3, 7 and 12 in operation for the public.
- Cancellation of Play due to Rain policy applies as usual.
- Tickets for any other day of The Championships are not valid.
- No pass outs permitted.
- No Ticket Re-sales operation.
- Gates open from 8.45am.
- Play is scheduled to start at 11.30am on all courts (incl. Centre and No.1 Courts).
- Early arrival is strongly advised.
- Spectators strongly urged to use public transport and to use Southfields Underground and Wimbledon Mainline station.
- The tube will be operating a usual Championships service. Trains are running a Sunday service but fast trains are stopping at Wimbledon.
- There will be limited public car parking in Car Parks 6 & 10.
- There will be no Park & Ride service.
- Limited Bus Shuttle available from Wimbledon Mainline Station.
Richard Lewis, Chief Executive of the All England Club, commented: “This has been a difficult decision, but one we had to take to reduce the backlog of matches and in the interests of completing The Championships on time. And as with other Middle Sundays I am sure there will be a great atmosphere.”