Goats cheese with thyme nectarines
75g soft goat's cheese
Handful of halved hazelnuts
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
5-6 mint leaves, washed and finely sliced
Small bunch of chervil, washed and picked into sprigs
20g pine kernels
4 nectarines, washed and dried
4 springs of thyme, washed and finely chopped
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp Yuzu paste
1. Heat the oven to 180°C, spread the pine nuts and hazelnuts on a baking tray and bake for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and then allow to cool. Reserve 1 tsp of rapeseed oil and Yuzu paste, this will be used to finish the plate.
2. Cut the nectarines into wedges and place into a bowl with the remaining rapeseed oil, Yuzu paste, sugar and thyme. Thoroughly coat the nectarines with the mixture and then lay out on to a tray and roast at 180°C for 5 minutes until cooked through.
3. On the plates, carefully crumb the goat's cheese into 1 inch pieces and artfully scatter the nectarine wedges.
4. Pick 3 large chervil sprigs and finely slice the mint leaves to decorate.
5. Now add the remaining rapeseed oil and Yuzu paste mix to finish the plate.