Smoked cod with pea shoots, mint and Thai dressing
300g smoked cod
½ red pepper, seeds removed and cut into strips
½ yellow pepper, seeds removed and cut into strips
1 tbsp coriander
12 pieces edible flowers
½ tsp dill
50g pea shoots
½ tbsp palm sugar
2 tsp Blue Dragon fish sauce
Juice of ½ a lime
¼ fresh red chilli, cut in half, deseeded and chopped
1 tsp fresh mint, picked and cut into strips
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cracked pepper
Cooking time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
1. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, blanch the mangetout for one minute and then put them directly into ice water, so the colour will remain green.
2. Carefully split the mangetout to expose the little peas.
1. Grate the palm sugar, if necessary, add to the fish sauce and the fresh lime juice. Heat to dissolve the sugar. Leave to cool.
2. Add the mint strips and the finely chopped red chilli to the dressing.
1. Flake the cod into bite-size pieces and mix with some of the dressing, leave for 10 minutes before plating.
2. Arrange the cod in the middle of the plate, put mangetout and pepper strips on top of the cod, then arrange the herb, pea shoots and flowers on top and around the plate.