THE QUEUE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2015 BEGINS AT 8.00AM on SUNDAY 28 JUNE 2015.
Wimbledon remains one of the very few major UK sporting events where you can still buy premium tickets on the day of play. There is ONE QUEUE for the on-day sale of tickets at the Gate 3 turnstiles.
If you are intending to join the Queue please download our Queue guide (PDF).
Please note our request not to deposit bags bigger than 60cm x 45cm x 25cm in Left Luggage facilities. It is also worth noting the list of restricted items which are prohibited from the Grounds.
We acknowledge the help and cooperation of the Metropolitan Police, the Wimbledon Park Golf Club and the London Boroughs of Merton and Wandsworth in providing a safe environment for those who wish to queue daily and/or overnight for Championships tickets.
We appreciate your cooperation with our Stewards, supported by experienced Security Officers and the Police, to ensure good behaviour in The Queue and restraint with regard to noise and the consumption of alcohol, and we especially ask you to respect the environment. The Honorary Stewards operate a Code of Conduct for The Queue and will arbitrate in any dispute.
BRINGING LUGGAGE TO THE QUEUE
Please Limit your bags (sizes) and belongings.
Due to large numbers of spectators joining The Queue, our Left Luggage facilities outside the Grounds are in unusually heavy demand.
It is important that we can provide a service to as many people as possible. Please consider carefully what you need to bring with you - if you do need to bring a bag, please ensure that it is no bigger than aircraft ‘cabin’ size (preferably smaller) and check our list of items that are not allowed into the Grounds.
By acting in this way, we can ensure that we can continue to provide a Left Luggage operation for all those who need it.
When to arrive
Queue Cards and Wristbands
On your arrival at the end of The Queue you will be issued with a Queue Card. This card is dated and numbered to show your position in The Queue. It must be retained and will be checked on entry to the Grounds. These are non-transferable.
Please note therefore that your position in The Queue (and therefore what ticket you will receive) is dictated by what time you arrive in The Queue.
At approximately 7:30am Stewards will issue wristbands to those towards the front of The Queue who are queuing for tickets for the Show Courts. The number of wristbands issued exactly matches the quantity of tickets available for each court on that day.
Wristbands, marked by court and with a detachable 'court' tally, will be offered to queuers according to the number of Show Court tickets available. On reaching the entrance kiosk, the tally must be detached and handed to the cashier who will issue one ticket for the court on the tally.
Left Luggage Facilities
Disabled Visitors with mobility impairments
There are facilities for mobility-impaired visitors to wait nearer the Grounds. Entry to the Grounds will be in The Queue Card number order. Please ask any Steward for further assistance. Disabled visitors with mobility impairments who intend to buy tickets on the day of play are advised to telephone the Ticket Office on +44 (0)20 8971 2473 for further details on queuing and car parking arrangements.
Early in the morning (approximately 6am) anyone in The Queue will be woken by the Stewards, asked to dismantle any overnight equipment, and close up into a tighter formation to create space for those joining The Queue on the day.
Tickets are sold strictly on the basis of one per person queuing and payment is by CASH ONLY.
Despite increasing pressure to the contrary, it is our policy to retain a significant number of tickets for the general public. We also continue with extensive measures to minimise the
‘black market’ and ensure that tickets are used by those who originally bought them.
Centre Court - Approximately 500 tickets are available each day at the turnstiles EXCEPT for the last four days on Centre Court which are pre-sold.
No.1 Court - approximately 500 tickets are available each day at the turnstiles.
No.2 Court - approximately 500 tickets are available each day at the turnstiles only for as many days as a full programme of matches can be maintained.
Ground - several thousand tickets are available each day at the turnstiles entitling use of the unreserved seating and standing room on Courts No.3-19.
ONE BAG ONLY PER PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED and this bag must measure no more than 16" x 12" x 12" (40cm x 30cm x 30cm). Further, NO HARD-SIDED ITEMS (e.g. picnic hampers, thermos flasks, coolboxes or briefcases) OF ANY SIZE WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE GROUNDS.
Left Luggage facilities will again be provided outside the Grounds for items exceeding these criteria and for any other items you do not need during the day.
For speed of entry and ease we recommend no bags are brought to The Championships.
For a full list of prohibited items, please refer to Conditions of Entry.
The AELTC, in accordance with statutory authority, reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone adopting unreasonable social behaviour or who causes obstruction, danger or annoyance and/or commits any action against the spirit of this Code of Conduct.
Please have regard for our neighbours, the facilities and others in The Queue and adopt reasonable social behaviour at all times.
1. You are in The Queue if you join it at the end and remain in it until you have acquired a ticket at the turnstiles.
2. Your position in The Queue cannot be reserved by the placing of equipment — you must be present in person and hold a valid, numbered and dated Queue Card. Queue Cards are issued one per individual and are strictly non transferable.
3. You may not reserve a place in The Queue for somebody else, other than in their short term absence (e.g. toilet break, purchase of refreshments etc.).
4. QUEUE JUMPING IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
5. There are no left luggage facilities inside the Grounds; only one bag per person will be allowed and any item/bag exceeding 16” x 12” x 12” (40cm x 30cm x 30cm) in size or hard sided bags of any size must be left in one of the facilities outside the Grounds.
6. The turnstiles accept cash only; if necessary, please ask a steward for directions to the nearest ATM (cash point).
7. Do not leave bags or other items unattended at any time; they will be removed and may be destroyed by the Police.
8. Confiscation of a Queue Card constitutes refusal of entry to the Championships Grounds.
9. Barbecues or fires are NOT permitted in The Queue, in Wimbledon Park, the Golf Course and on pavements outside the Park or Golf Course.
• Overnight queuers should use tents which accommodate a maximum of two persons. Please do not bring or erect gazebos.
• Do not play music or ball games etc. after 10.00pm. At this time all campers must be close to their tents and settling down for the night, recognising that other campers will be going to sleep. This rule is strictly enforced.
• Pizza/‘take-away’ orders must be arranged for delivery at the Wimbledon Park Road gate only.
• Excessive consumption of alcohol and/or drunken behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in the confiscation of your Queue Card and removal from The Queue. There is a limit of alcohol allowed into the Grounds of one bottle of wine or two 500ml cans of beer per person.
• Please use the litter bins provided.
• Loud music must NOT be played at any time (use personal headphones).
The Stewards have the AELTC’s authority, supported by Security Officers and the Police, to withdraw your Queue Card and therefore refuse entry to the Grounds.
Chief Executive, AELTC
All tickets, excluding those with the word 'Debenture' printed on them instead of the price, are strictly non-transferable and must not be sold, nor advertised for sale, whether on the internet, in newspapers or elsewhere. Any ticket advertised for sale will be void.
If you are unable to use the ticket(s) issued to you please contact, as soon as possible, the organisation from which you purchased the tickets. In many circumstances, providing the tickets are returned prior to the day of play, the AELTC, and those bodies to which it issues tickets, are able to operate a flexible returns/refund policy.
DO NOT buy tickets from touts or other unauthorised agents or unofficial websites: they may not gain you entry to the Grounds.