The AELTC joined forces with ESPN to offer fans from North and South America the chance to design the official poster for The Championships 2014.
The official poster has been a commemorative part of Wimbledon history ever since 1894, and became particularly famous when it was featured throughout the London Tube network.
The competition is now closed.
The winner of the poster competition will be announced on Tuesday 29th April 2014.
Wimbledon Chairman Philip Brook
ESPN's Chris Evert - read what Wimbledon means to Chris
ESPN's John McEnroe
Entrants were asked to observe the following guidelines...
Your design must be striking, original, and above all, it should capture what Wimbledon means to you and why it is such a unique sporting event.
Your design should include Wimbledon’s core colours: purple, green and white
Your design should include:
- Wimbledon 2014
- 23 June – 6 July 2014
You can use any technique you like, but the poster must be all your own work.
- Please don’t set Wimbledon in a different context – eg any courts must be grass
- Please don’t put Wimbledon in a different place – eg not on top of the London Eye
- Please don’t include any well-known players
- Please don’t feature any other London landmarks
A three-day visit to London including:
- A pair of Centre Court tickets for Saturday 28th June 2014
- Flights, hotel and accommodation
- A tour of Wimbledon courtesy of ESPN
Voting is now closed.
Congratulations and thanks to all who entered!